Teacher Resource Library
Welcome to the Habits of Mind Teacher Resource Library.
The resource library is a collection of over 400 Habits of Mind lessons, actives, resources, and units of work developed by teachers for teachers. Every resource has been used successfully in someone’s classroom.
The Resource Library Motto
The motto of the resource library is to “adapt, not adopt”. These resources were designed by teachers for use in their own classroom, or in some cases as resources for introducing Habits of Mind to teachers. Although you’ll find plenty you can apply directly to your work, you’re also likely to find heaps of ideas that you can transfer to your own work, and lots of resources that with some modification will work in your setting.
The resources vary enormously. Some are complete units of work, fully documented. Others are simple activities. All resources have been “tagged”, allowing you basic functionality to search by year level, habits of mind addressed and other basic criteria.
To find out more about how to access the resource library, contribute to the resource library, or our submission guidelines, please use the tabs on the side of the page.
There are two ways to access the Resource Library.
Paid Access – for immediate access you can purchase access to the Resource Library through our store.
Become a Contributor – By contributing a resource that meets the submission guidelines you get full access to all resources in the library without charge.
Why do we do it like this?
We want the resource library to grow, and be filled with examples of teachers work that help develop student’s Habits of Mind. To encourage teachers to share their resources we essentially offer you the cost of access to the library as payment for your resource.
Why pay for access, when you could contribute something you’re using in your classroom already?
Of course, if you’re just starting out, or for any other reason don’t want to contribute to the library straight away, you can always purchase access.
If you have a resource that meets the submission guidelines simply send it to us. We’ll review it, and post it on the site, giving you full access to the Resource Library in return.
All we need is:
– the resource in an acceptable file format. (PDF, DOC, DOCX, image files, mpeg etc)
– a brief description to help others understand what the resource is and how it has been used
– your suggestion for age level. and the Habits of Mind it addresses
Submit the above using the Resource Library Submission submission page.Resource Library Submission
We’ll get back to you normally within 7-10 days.
Anyone is invited to contribute to our growing collection of resources, provided the resources adhere to the following guidelines
– The resource must be the authors original work. We cannot make work available where doing so would breach copyright laws.
– The resource must have been used successfully in a classroom or school environment. The expectation is that it worked in at least your classroom.
– The resource must be clearly related to Habits of Mind. We don’t include resources that are “just good teaching resources”. There are other websites for general teacher resources.
– The connection to the Habits of Mind must be clear and explicit. Resources that are submitted because they simply “require” the Habits of Mind, are not accepted. The resource must clearly be directed at teaching the Habits of Mind (i.e. an introduction) or specifically and explicitly aimed at developing student’s Habits of Mind.
If you’ve previously purchased access to the resource library from the old habitsofmind.org site you do not have to pay for it again. We’ve still got all your details and you are able to access all resources by following the simple steps below.
- Register on this site, creating a user name and password.
- Send an email from the address that was registered with the old site (We’ll look it up against the old database) requesting access. Include the user name that you’ve created on this site.
- We’ll set up your access and confirm with in 72 hours (often quicker).